[Libdlo] what displaylink device should i buy and what steps are still needed?

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Thu Jul 1 15:23:54 PDT 2010

On 01-07-10 22:26, Bernie Thompson wrote:
> That latest version on http://git.plugable.com/ (should) have fixes
> for the problems you're seeing.

Thank you. It compiled without errors, but xorg still ends with a
segfault, please see attachment.

> Ah, it looks like Windows wasn't getting EDID either.  So it really
> seems like something in hardware -- the adapter, cable, or monitor --
> is preventing proper read of EDID.  You could isolate that down a
> little by plugging this cable/monitor into a standard graphics
> controller and seeing if your mode list and default mode is properly
> limited to the capabilities of the monitor.

I took an other monitor Samsung SyncMaster 2348BW (2048x1152) and
connected it to both VGA as DVI but no EDID data was found by the DL-195
device.

My working system is a HP Mini 5101 that has its own LCD (1366x768) and
intel video controller. It is not possible for me to use the read-edid
program to get the EDID info of the VGA screen, but I attached the intel
xorg driver output that shows the EDID info of the Samsung SyncMaster
940BW (1440x900) that I am using now.

I have the feeling the EDID problem is with the adaptor or driver.

What to do now? I run both the git versions of udlfb and xf-video-udlfb...

With kind regards,

Jelle de Jong