[Libdlo] Displaylink Dock

Timo Mohnani timohnani at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 07:29:35 PDT 2010

Hi,

I recently acquired a Kensington SD400V dock. This is a USB universal dock
and I use it so that I can quickly switch between my desktop and laptop and
still use all my desktop peripherals. The dock uses a usb displaylink
system. In windows it works fine. It has all the necessary displaylink
drivers on a flash chip and installs them automatically (kind of like CD
autoplay) once it is plugged in. The problem comes with linux. I use Arch
Linux with KDE4.0. I gone through the archives of this mailing list and it
seems that since the dock has built in flash drivers and I going to have to
tinker with UDEV. However to do this I need somebody to point me in the
right direction. So could somebody be do kind as to let me know how I should
proceed from here.

Please note that my intention is to use only one monitor. I don't need
several monitors. And when my laptop is plugged in I intend to switch of my
laptop screen.

Thanks

Timo