[Libdlo] Displaylink Dock

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Thu Jun 3 06:24:26 PDT 2010

Timo Mohnani wrote:
> dmesg provides this:
>
> udlfb: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you
> have been warned.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver udlfb
>
> I checked my error log and I found the following kernel errors:
>
> Jun  3 13:49:29 myhost kernel: k10temp 0000:00:18.3: unreliable CPU thermal
> sensor; monitoring disabled
> Jun  3 13:49:29 myhost kernel: ACPI: I/O resource nForce2_smbus
> [0x1c00-0x1c3f] conflicts with ACPI region SM00 [0x1c00-0x1c05]
> Jun  3 13:49:29 myhost kernel: nForce2_smbus 0000:00:09.1: Error probing
> SMB1.
> Jun  3 13:49:30 myhost kernel: ACPI: Expecting a [Reference] package
> element, found type 0
>
> Not sure if this has anything to do with my issue.

Hi Timo,
Bernie Thompson suggested that you may be running into this problem:
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/DeviceQuirks

Kensington dock is listed under "Appear as USB Mass Storage" section.

Because the structure of sysfs is different between distros sometimes you may
have to alter the above rules a bit (i.e. change the path or the level of parent
directories). Set bConfigurationValue file to 1.

Hope this help (& thanks Bernie)

--
Alexander.