[Libdlo] Detecting different DL chips

Andy Fisher a.j.fisher at displaylink.com
Fri Jun 4 06:39:40 PDT 2010

Hi,

We have had a number of requests as to how to detect which DL chip is in a given product. Time doesn't permit working this into libdlo at the moment so I am posting a python code snippet that will hopefully help in the meantime.

More recent products support a capability description in the USB descriptors. However to be more complete the code example will interrogate the device at a lower level if this descriptor is not present. The example requires libusb and will return a dictionary with information including the DL device, memory sizes, max resolutions etc.

Andy Fisher
---
DisplayLink Limited