[Libdlo] DisplayLink on Fedora 12

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Wed Mar 10 04:44:59 PST 2010

Akshay Sathe wrote:

> Section "Device"
>
>>         Driver      "nouveau"   #I have Nvidia Geforce Graphics card.
>
>>         Option      "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
>
>>         BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
>
>> EndSection

Hi Akshay,
here you have /dev/fb1 for you primary NVidia card and you said that you
configure DisplayLink for /dev/fb1 (the same device) as well. Those two are in
conflict.

Do `ls /dev/fb*' and see if there are other frame buffer devices. If you'r
primary graphics works with the configuration above (i.e. you're sure that
nouveau is /dev/fb1 then the other device is for DisplayLink. Try that and post
your findings.

--
Alexander.