[Libdlo] Multiple devices

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Wed Mar 17 12:21:22 PDT 2010

Hi Kal,

Thanks for reporting this.

This is new behavior as of kernel 2.6.31 and later (this patch
http://www.spinics.net/linux/lists/mm-commits/msg69696.html from June)

The patch creates and does checks against new fb_info struct members
that udlfb (and many other fbdevs) don't set at all. On any of those
fbdev drivers, the checks fail anytime more than one fb is registered.

We should be able to easily fix this in udlfb by just filling in those
members with our fb address - but it's also a larger issue that
probably hasn't been caught because few people are running multiple
framebuffer devices on a single machine.

Thanks,
Bernie