[Libdlo] defio mmap issues

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Tue May 25 12:50:52 PDT 2010

Just an update on this problem (detail below) of horizontal artifacts
with defio enabled in udlfb, and then using a standard (non-damage
aware) mmap client like the generic fbdev X server ....

Others ran across these same problems in a different (non-DisplayLink)
context, and are working on a fix.  I've not tested these patches to
defio yet, but they may resolve this issue

http://marc.info/?l=linux-fbdev&m=127369791432181

Note: There's some further discussion on the list, so this is likely
not the final patch they'll run with.  But it's great that there
appears to be a fix on the horizon for this.

Best wishes,
Bernie
http://plugable.com/