[Libdlo] Sheevaplug and UM-720S Intermittent failure to display

Bernie Thompson bernie at berniethompson.com
Fri May 28 09:26:31 PDT 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Todd McCandlish <mccandlt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know where the cycling of the different screens
> comes from? Is it an internal displaylink thing, a framebuffer thing ,
> or an X driver thing?

Not something the hardware does on its own, and not something udlfb
tells the hardware to do (udlfb sets the default mode from edid on
startup, then paints the green screen -- but then doesn't do anything
on its own unless a client asks, after that).

Could fbcon be contending with X for the framebuffer?
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/TextConsole

Failing that, I think you'll need to post more about your xorg.conf &
gdm configuration for getting the display to start on the sheevaplug.

Best wishes,
Bernie