[Libdlo] 1st console and udlfb

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Sun Nov 7 03:55:29 PST 2010

Hi all,
what's the desired behaviour of the console parameter to udlfb ? I've tried with
both console=1 and console=0 and it doesn't seem to have any effect. In both
cases (with multiseat) the physical console is displayed and I can login on the
text console instead of GDM.

I also tried with 'echo 0 > /sys/class/vtconsole/vtcon1/bind' but that only has
partial effect. It makes the physical console not show the boot messages after
this is executed but any command/text typed into one of the multiseat sessions
is accepted and executed by the shell.

How to test:
1) Create 2 user accounts, say user1 and user2.
2) Boot the system with 2 GDM sessions.
3) Login on one screen as user1. If the physical console (the one not attached
via USB) is active observe that user1 will be logged in on the terminal as well.
4) At the second GDM screen, don't login but type 'touch test-me' instead of the
user name.
5) As user1 observer that the test-me file has been created in the home
directory while logged in.

This test case always has the same result for me no matter what I do.

Regards,
Alexander.