[Libdlo] Draw fbX number on the green screen

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Mon Nov 8 11:06:37 PST 2010

Hello all,
I'm experimenting with big number of USB attached screens and it's almost
impossible to identify which screen corresponds to a particular /dev/fbX device
number. This is especially true when all the monitors and the DisplayLink
hardware is identical and works with the same resolution.

I've added extra functionality to my local udlfb branch to draw the string "fbX"
where X is a number onto the green screen. After testing it today it seems to
work quite well. I can contribute it back if people are interested.

I've added 2 helper functions to initialize the pixels which will show the fbX
identifier and a .h file which contains image definitions. Those started off as
graphics images (containing the 0-9 digits and the "f" and "b" characters) which
were converted to XPM and later to an array containing 1 and 0.

There are 12 arrays which are 100x100 pixels full of ints and that takes up some
space in memory. I'll work to compress the memory space while not obfuscating
the source code.

Let me know if folks are interested and I'll send patches.

Regards,
Alexander.