[Libdlo] GDM black screen / user and count meaning

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Tue Nov 9 14:11:28 PST 2010

Hi Alexander,

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 3:53 AM, Alexander Todorov <atodorov at otb.bg> wrote:
> Further more in fb.h there are comments (around FB_BLANK_* definition)
> pointing out that hsync and vsync can be on/off in various combinations. Why
> doesn't dlfb_enable_hvsync() account for those as well?

Thanks for pointing this out.  The DL hardware doesn't map 1-1 with
the FB_BLANK definitions, so right now it's been simplified: either be
full on (FB_BLANK_UNBLANK) or full DPMS poweroff for any of the other
states.

But it is possible to add support for at least one more of the
FB_BLANK states in-between.

Looking at the debug output, I'm not sure if this will help the
intermittant black screen problem, but actually there's a shot it will
by avoiding timing troubles.

So I'll look to implement this -- will reply back when that's done --
so we can get a test to see.

Thanks!
Bernie