[Libdlo] Doublesight Ds-90U display issues on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.1 LTS

Craig Inglis craig.inglis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 15:49:09 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 7:18 AM, Jelle de Jong <jelledejong at powercraft.nl>wrote:

> I am interested where the 16bit requirement comes from? I got the same
> issues and 16bit is just nog doable for my work requirements.

The  displaylink driver only supports 16bits and Xinerama requires all
screens
have the same depth. If you disable Xinerama you can use a different depth
for your main screen, however you will not be able to stretch or drag
windows
between screens. Gnome has bugs in this mode and sometimes opens windows
in the wrong screen - flubox works fine though. Also, some apps like Firefox
dont
like opening multiple instances on different screens so this mode has
significant
drawbacks.

> Also does somebody know why AutoAddDevices needs to be set, I also
> tested this, but I use bluetooth keyboard and mouses and with this
> setting I don’t have any input devices, so not really workable in my
> set-up.

I dont know why AutoAddDevices=true crashes, but you should be able to
manually add whatever /dev/input devices you need. I added my bluetooth
mouse and laptop keyboard to the xorg.conf that I attached previously.

> The use of the DisplaySize maybe not related to displaylink, I have seen
> this issues before on many other devices.

The config works without this but the fonts are huge. I think its because
the
udlfb driver misinterprets the USB ID of my displaylink device as a 4-inch
screen.

Regards

Craig