[Libdlo] Doublesight Ds-90U display issues on Ubuntu Lucid 10.04.1 LTS

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Wed Oct 20 04:18:43 PDT 2010

Hi Craig,

On 17-10-10 01:09, Craig Inglis wrote:
> Fussy things:
> - Displaylink screen must be in ServerLaout before Laptop screen
> - modeset needs to disabled using grub kernel option
> - Depth has to be 16bit for all screens for Xinerama to work (needs DefaultDepth)
> - Lucid no longer supports kbd module - need to use evdev instead
> - AutoAddDevices needs to be false or it crashes
> - 9" screen is recognized as 4" NAV device - need to set DisplaySize to avoid huge fonts

Nice to see you got a workable setup even with the fussy things.

I am interested where the 16bit requirement comes from? I got the same
issues and 16bit is just nog doable for my work requirements.

Also does somebody know why AutoAddDevices needs to be set, I also
tested this, but I use bluetooth keyboard and mouses and with this
setting I don’t have any input devices, so not really workable in my set-up.

The use of the DisplaySize maybe not related to displaylink, I have seen
this issues before on many other devices.

With kind regards,

Jelle