[Libdlo] X uses 100% CPU with latest driver

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Mon Oct 25 05:40:37 PDT 2010

Bernie Thompson wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> There are no timers in uldfb. Nothing happens unless there's an
> external event from software (a damage event, or when defio is enabled
> a delayed work callback with accumulated page faults).  And no polling
> for hardware events.
>
> So I don't know where the difference could be coming from yet.  Could
> you or have you had a chance yet to quickly try the older udlfb on the
> (otherwise same) system to just double-check that makes the
> difference?

Hi Bernie,
I've tried the older code today with the same hardware/software configuration.
No luck, I still got 100% CPU usage from X.

IIRC the difference comes from using stand alone USB hub + mouse, keyboard and
Plugable's UGA-125 vs. docking stations. This is consistent with powertop output
which tells me that the USB hub is active all the time.

--
Alexander.