[Libdlo] Problem with reading EDID from monitor that should work

Alexander Todorov atodorov at otb.bg
Wed Sep 15 10:49:10 PDT 2010

Alexander Todorov wrote:
> Strange enough is that I've started this morning with a clean system and
> installed the driver again. The same system, same driver, same hardware -
> everything up and running without problems.

Hmmm, there's something wrong but I don't know what. After sending the previous
e-mail where I said stuff works I spent around 5-6 hrs on testing issues and
working with the system and the Plugable docking stations. Then it started to
fail for no reason again. This time I was seeing the standard messages that new
usb device has been added but those messages were appearing very slowly. As if
my computer was processing the udev events with several seconds delay.

Rebooting the system several times didn't help, at the end whenever I plugged
the USB cable the system was freezing, even froze at the grub menu once.

After couple of hours turned off now all is back to normal - i.e. works.

It could be either my system or the USB hardware I don't know. One thing I
noticed though was that the docking stations and USB connectors were hot when
you touch them.

Has anyone seen issues wrt over heating? Have you seen udlfb fail randomly?
Can anyone give me some hints to be able to find out what's going on? I'm out of
ideas at the moment.

Regards,
Alexander.