[Libdlo] Fwd: running 2 instances of X for multihead display

Marcus Becker marcus.disi at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 7 01:34:32 PDT 2011

On 7 April 2011 00:12, Larry Riedel <xxx <Larry at riedel.org>> wrote:

> Thank you for sharing that Marcus.  It will be helpful for me.
>

> Larry

Hi Larry,

change the -dpi 25 in the displaylink.sh to something more suitable like
-dpi 75 or 100 on normal sized monitors.

Also I noticed, that the second screen somtimes starts to turns off and on
every few minutes or seconds. This only happens, if you restart your main X
server while the other is running. e.g. main on the laptop and second on a
monitor, then change the resolution on the laptop (which restarts X) and the
second monitor will start to behave awkward. Not sure what happens there.

I wasn't able to change the resolution on the second monitor. It defaults to
the maximum it can do (in my case 1280x1024). Even if I try to set a new
mode with xrandr, that just changes the resolution of the display so that it
only uses half the monitor. It automatically reads the EDID and it seems
that resolution is fixed then.

GTK2 applications behave weird, but QT works fine. If I try to open some
menu in e.g. PCMANFM, it seems to appear of display in the top left corner
or the display. No problems with VirtualBox, which uses QT4. There must be
some setting somewhere :)

Cheers,

Marcus

I thought that might be helpful :)