[Libdlo] Burnt monitor

Tomas Di Domenico tomas at didomenico.com.ar
Wed Aug 24 02:57:16 PDT 2011

Greets!

After some effort, I was able to get a 3-screen setup in my laptop with
a HP USB adapter. Connected to it I had a kinda old BenQ FP71G+ monitor,
for which I had to use the included HDMI-VGA adapter.

Everything went nicely for a couple of days, until at one point I
started smelling like something was burning. Right after the monitor
went blank.

Excuse my ignorance, but my question is: could it be a combination of
monitor, VGA adapter and what else that caused the problem? I can hook a
newer widescreen HDMI BenQ monitor to it now, but I'd be afraid to burn
this one too...

I know it's a very setup-specific question, but maybe someone has some
inner knowledge on what could be happening.

Thanks!