[Libdlo] Problems with running on MPC8313E

Tim Green timothy.j.green at gmail.com
Sat Dec 17 07:38:34 PST 2011

On 12 December 2011 09:20, Müller, Martin, MU
<Martin.Mueller at de.bertrandt.com> wrote:
> Hello People,
> I’d like to run Libdlo with a LogiLink UA0077 on a Freescale MPC8313E, to
> show some BMP’s.
> It’s also a Problem that the PPC is running Big-Endian, so the loading BMP
> Test failed.

I presume the BMP test fails to display anything on the screen yet
completes without any obvious error messages?

I have a strong suspicion that Big Endian support hasn't been tested
as well as Little Endian. The protocol includes bit and byte packing
so I can imagine it could easily go wrong if not endian aware. Are you
in a position to capture the output (the data sent to the USB) of the
BMP test on Big and Little Endian systems?

Regards,
Tim.