[Libdlo] Moving all windows back to LVDS on a laptop

David Jablonski djablonski at inoc.com
Mon Mar 14 15:39:36 PDT 2011

I have a laptop with an Intel i915GM processor (VGA output) and using a
DisplayLink USB->DVI (DL-125) to another monitor.  Currently have
Xinerama setup and working with both screens.  While the laptop is
connected to the external monitors I would like the laptop monitor to be
shut off.  I would then like to be able to move the desktop back to the
LVDS display (e.g. xrandr commands or the nvidia gui config) before
suspending, moving the laptop, etc.

Is this possible?  Currently I am using a kernel mode setting at boot to
turn off the LVDS permanently and only use the external monitors, but
for DR issues we need to be able to move the laptop and keep it running.

Info:
Fedora 12

Configs:

grub.conf:
# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/mapper/Internal0-Root0
#          initrd /initrd-[generic-]version.img
#boot=/dev/sda
default=0
timeout=30
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora External Monitors Only (2.6.32.26-175.fc12.i686.PAE)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.32.26-175.fc12.i686.PAE ro
root=/dev/mapper/Internal0-Root0  LANG=en_US.UTF-8
SYSFONT=latarcyrheb-sun16 KEYBOARDTYPE=pc KEYTABLE=us rhgb quiet
video=LVDS-1:d
	initrd /initramfs-2.6.32.26-175.fc12.i686.PAE.img

xorg.conf:
Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "DisplayLinkScreen" 0 0
	Screen      1  "Screen0" RightOf "DisplayLinkScreen"
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
	Option	       "Xinerama" "on"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	ModulePath   "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
	ModulePath   "/usr/local/lib/xorg/modules"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from data in "/etc/sysconfig/keyboard"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

    # generated from default
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "auto"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor0"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Device0"
	Driver      "intel"
	BusID	    "PCI:0:2:0"
	Option	    "VertRefresh" "CRT: 60;"
	Option	    "RandRRotation" "True"
	Option	    "AllowDDCCI" "True"
	Option	    "ConnectedMonitor" "CRT"
	Option	    "UseDisplayDevice" "CRT"
	Option	    "TwinView" "1"
	Option	    "NoTwinViewXineramaInfo" "True"
	Option	    "UseEdidDpi" "False"
	Option	    "DPI" "100x100"
	Option	    "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Device0"
	Monitor    "Monitor0"
	DefaultDepth 16
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth 	24
		Modes	"1600x1200"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

### DisplayLink ###

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"DisplayLinkDevice"
	Driver		"displaylink"
	Option	"fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
	BusID	"PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"DisplayLinkMonitor"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"DisplayLinkScreen"
	Device		"DisplayLinkDevice"
	Monitor		"DisplayLinkMonitor"
	Subsection	"Display"
		Depth	24
		Modes	"1600x1200"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.