[Libdlo] Testing a Displaylink adapter. Works with custom driver, but not with standard "fbdev" ?

Bernie Thompson bernie at plugable.com
Tue Jan 3 11:40:58 PST 2012

On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM,  <ericf at operamail.com> wrote:
> That doesn't do any good.  Using that "displaylink" driver I get to an X
> desktop.  With the "fbdev" driver I just get a black screen.

Some things to try:

1) Udlfb reports fb_defio and console settings to the kernel log.  Run
"dmesg | grep udlfb" and make sure the options are taking.
2) su and copy a large file to the framebuffer (cat file txt >
/dev/fb0). Does the screen change?
3) Double-check the xorg.conf against the one at
http://plugable.com/2011/12/23/usb-graphics-and-linux/

It should hopefully be something simple ...

Bernie