[Libdlo] [Bug] udlfb - kernel version 3.2.1

Gustavo gjasso at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 00:35:53 PST 2012

Hi,

I have trouble setting up a DisplayLink monitor:
	Bus 001 Device 006: ID 17e9:016b Newnham Research
with linux kernel 3.2.1-1.

Mainly, I have problems with the udlfb module.

udlfb is blacklisted in /lib/modprobe.d/framebuffer_blacklist.conf
removing it from the list results in an unbootable system.

modprobe gives the following error: http://pastebin.com/uV8qKPiK

When using insmod to insert the module compiled from source from http://git.plugable.com/webdav/udlfb
I get the following error: http://pastebin.com/LnHgbXdE
when using Arch Linux's pacakge of xf86-video-fbdev.

I also get the same error when using
xf86-video-fbdev compiled from: http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/index.php?p=xf86-video-fbdev&a=summary
or with xf-video-udlfb from: http://git.plugable.com/gitphp/index.php?p=xf-video-udlfb&a=summary

Also, after even if probing the module fails, a new entry /dev/fb1 is created. Here is the relevant output
when this happens: http://pastebin.com/zju624EF

Thus, I never get the green screen.

Thanks in advance
--