ANN: libmbim 1.10.0 released

Marius Kotsbak marius at kotsbak.com
Mon Aug 4 08:50:51 PDT 2014

Hey,

> So, I finally included all the mbim-proxy work in the new release, as
> that will let us keep on testing it easier.
>
> NOTE TO PACKAGERS: Please make sure the new 'mbim-proxy' is installed in
> the same package as the *library* itself. This is not a helper tool
> binary, it is part of the normal operation of the library. OpenSUSE I'm
> looking at you.

Well, if this behaves as the qmi-proxy, we concluded for Debian that the
right thing was to put it in a separate package recommended by the library
(to avoid dependency loop, and it is optional). That is to support multiple
API incompatible versions to be installed at the same time sharing the same
proxy. At least the Debian packaging of libmbim should be done in the same
way.

--
Marius