MS specific device services

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Tue Feb 25 00:43:00 PST 2014

Hi Aleksander,

I've made a few patches that implement the MS specific device services
(i.e. Firmware ID and Host Shutdown). Unfortunately, the specifications of
these services don't follow a consistent naming convention. I'm thinking we
could harmonize the names as follows:

  MBIM_SERVICE_MS_FWID  (instead of MBIM_SERVICE_MSFWID)
  MBIM_CID_MS_FWID_FIRMWAREID

  MBIM_SERVICE_MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN
  MBIM_CID_MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN_HOSTSHUTDOWN   (instead
of MBIM_CID_MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN_MSHOSTSHUTDOWN)

And for the mbimcli actions:

  mbimcli --ms-query-firmware-id  (instead of --ms-fwid-query-firmwareid)
  mbimcli --ms-host-shutdown  (instead of --ms-hostshutdown-hostshutdown)

How do you think?

Thanks,
Ben