MS specific device services

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Feb 28 03:08:14 PST 2014

I just tested MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN on the Ericsson H5321gw.  It responds with
success, but without any notifications.  After this the radio state is
reported as off.  I can turn on the radio again, but the firmware seems
to have powered down the SIM interface too.  The result is that all
commands requiring a SIM fail with MBIM_STATUS_SIM_NOT_INSERTED.

Doing MBIM_CLOSE + MBIM_OPEN resets the firmware, as required, though.
And the SIM is available again.  So it is possible to continue using
this modem too after issuing a MS_HOSTSHUTDOWN.

Bjørn