Establishing connections to multiple PDPs simultaneously with MBIM

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 11:59:30 PDT 2015

On Wed, 2015-08-05 at 20:09 +0200, Aleksander Morgado wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> wrote:
> > I just posted a patch for this; comments?  The only thing I don't like
> > is how --connect specifies the session id, but I'm not sure how else to
> > do it since adding an additional parameter --session-id wouldn't really
> > fit with the mbimcli model, as --session-id is only applicable to 3
> > commands in basic-connect.  So I chose the :-based approach...
>

> Why not with a comma to separate fields, as we already do e.g. in
> mmcli? like "--connect="apn,0" (leaving APN as first argument, and
> assuming 0 for the session id if none given).

It looked like the existing code doesn't do key/value pairs at all, and
the next item after APN is expected to be the authentication type.  If
we converted it to key/value pairs (eg,
="apn=xxx,session-id=2,auth=EAP") then that would work a lot better.
But do we honor backwards compat for mbimcli command line args for
scripts?  If so this is a bit harder, though the presence of a '=' in
any of the pairs indicates key/value pair being used.

Dan