QMI via MBIM for "FCC Authentication" fix

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Wed Apr 6 09:18:49 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Bjørn Mork <bjorn at mork.no> wrote:

>>> I believe the posted patches were functional, but there were some
>>> outstanding questions on how to properly integrate it in
>>> MM/libmbim/libqmi.  Is that correct, Aleksander?
>>
>> Yes, that's right. Anyway, if someone is up to polishing those patches
>> and integrating them in libmbim sources directly, even if not perfect,
>> I think it would be good not to forget about them. I kind of already
>> forgot about them myself :)
>
> This isn't really polishing... Rather the contrary ;)
>
> The attached patch set is a sort of working proof-of-concept.  It needs
> to be cleaned up by someone understanding all the G-stuff :) And it
> should have a lot more error checking.  Testing for EXT_QMUX support
> instead of timing out would be nice for example.  And the library
> integration could be made nicer.  Maybe dynamically loading libmbim from
> libqmi to prevent the hard dependency?
>
> The libmbim patch is Collin's latest version with only context changes.
>
> The remaining two libqmi patches provide generic QMI access over MBIM.
> FCC auth is only one possibility.

I've created two "qmi-over-mbim" branches in both libqmi and libmbim
with these patches, thanks Bjørn! I've fixed up whitespace/indentation
issues already, and I've seen the couple of TODOs you left around,
will try to find time to review them properly during these next weeks.

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es