EM7455 on Lenovo Thinkpad T460s

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Tue Mar 28 11:10:03 UTC 2017

On Tue, Mar 28, 2017 at 12:39 PM, Killian Keller
<keller.killian at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you very much for the fast help! I installed the 4.10 kernel and the
> versions of libqmi and libmbim suggested by Tim. (the installation points at
> the correct library). The fcc-authentication
>
> however, throws an error:
>
> sudo qmicli -d /dev/cdc-wdm1 --device-open-mbim --dms-set-fcc-authentication
> error: couldn't set FCC authentication: QMI protocol error (26): 'NoEffect'

Well, this is telling us that nothing had to be done.

> Honestly, I have no Idea what this means. However, I set the
> fcc-authentication way earlier (a week ago, I purged the installation of
> modemmanager, libqmi and libmbim twice since then).

The FCC auth setting should be set on every power-up of the module,
unless something has changed that I don't know about.

I think we'll need full ModemManager debug logs to track this isse....
could you gather them? See:
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/ModemManager/Debugging/

--
Aleksander