Thinkpad X1 w/ EM7455 stuck in "sim-missing"

Murph Murph at murph.cc
Thu Oct 12 17:50:53 UTC 2017

Project Fi, for data, basically just connects to T-Mobile 4g.

There's a few reports online of the EM7455 being used with Project Fi's
data SIMs (which I have) -
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/project-fi/0BDDVXajsPM/EYcEA25FHwAJ

> I'm using the [Project Fi data only sim] in my Lenovo Thinkpad T560 with
integrated mobile broadband. Qualcomm Snapdragon X7 LTE-A (Sierra Wireless
EM7455)  It worked flawlessly out of the box