MC7455 on Rasp Pi 3

Gabriel Kuri gkuri at ieee.org
Fri Sep 15 23:48:19 UTC 2017

I'm using an MC7455 on a Rasp Pi 3 connected via USB.

It's connected with a Sprint SIM on a static IP address. I'm having
issues where the connectivity just goes away randomly and the only way
to recover is a reboot of the RPi.

I'm using libmbim v1.14.0

Here's the output of the firmware version:

!GOBIIMPREF:

 preferred fw version:    02.20.03.00

 preferred carrier name:  GENERIC

 preferred config name:   GENERIC_002.017_000

 current fw version:      02.20.03.00

 current carrier name:    GENERIC

 current config name:     GENERIC_002.017_000

Are there any recommended startup scripts to run? Is there anything
specific I need to do to tell the modem to stay connected and
automatically re-connect if it loses connectivity for whatever reason?

Thanks ...