[review] Fix subscribed event list management in the mbim-proxy

Ben Chan benchan at chromium.org
Sun Nov 4 18:05:53 UTC 2018

On Sun, Nov 4, 2018, 9:39 AM Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at aleksander.es
wrote:

> Hey,
>
> > I've observed some out-of-sync issue between ModemManager and libmbim
> > after applying this patchset .
> >
> > "mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-registration-state" reports the
> > modem has registered to the home network, while "mmcli -m 0" reports
> > modem state is "enabled" but not "registered".  I also observed once
> > that the power/radio state was also out-of-sync between libmbim and
> > ModemManager.
> >
> > Have you noticed any behavior difference?
> >

> Hum... no, I haven't observed any difference, which doesn't mean there
> isn't any. A wild guess here, maybe we're actually de-registering from
> the standard service indications with the new patches? I thought that
> was not possible, at least not with the few devices I tested with. In
> the worst case scenario, we can just bring back the logic that
> explicitly registers to all indications in the basic services, but we
> should make sure that's the problem first.
>
> Which device are you using for testing?
> Could you get debug logs *in the mbim-proxy* while testing this?
> (you're using the proxy, right?)

Yep, I was using the proxy. I didn't pay attention to the exact steps to
reproduce the issue as I just observed it by chance. IIRC, the modem
(Fibocom L850) was initially registered to network at boot. Then I used
mmcli to disable it, and then to reenable it. I noticed the mmcli reported
the modem wasn't registered. Then l used mbimcli to query but it said
registered to home. I wasn't too sure which one lied. Also IIRC, the modem
used to automatically register to home network after been enabled by MM.