[review] Fix subscribed event list management in the mbim-proxy

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at aleksander.es
Sun Nov 4 17:38:57 UTC 2018

Hey,

> I've observed some out-of-sync issue between ModemManager and libmbim
> after applying this patchset .
>
> "mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --query-registration-state" reports the
> modem has registered to the home network, while "mmcli -m 0" reports
> modem state is "enabled" but not "registered".  I also observed once
> that the power/radio state was also out-of-sync between libmbim and
> ModemManager.
>
> Have you noticed any behavior difference?

Hum... no, I haven't observed any difference, which doesn't mean there
isn't any. A wild guess here, maybe we're actually de-registering from
the standard service indications with the new patches? I thought that
was not possible, at least not with the few devices I tested with. In
the worst case scenario, we can just bring back the logic that
explicitly registers to all indications in the basic services, but we
should make sure that's the problem first.

Which device are you using for testing?
Could you get debug logs *in the mbim-proxy* while testing this?
(you're using the proxy, right?)

--
Aleksander
https://aleksander.es