rspmn at arcor.de
Fri Nov 13 14:34:58 UTC 2020
On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:28:07PM +0000, Paul Gildea wrote:
> I am trying to get libmbim working for the first time and have a couple of
> issues. I installed 1.24. and am using a new Cinterion modem. I can see
> that it is enumerated, but without any interface to send AT commands:
> [ 7.588032] usb 2-3: new SuperSpeed Gen 1 USB device number 3 using
> > xhci_hcd
> > [ 7.604221] usb 2-3: New USB device found, idVendor=1e2d,
> > idProduct=00b3, bcdDevice= 4.14
> > [ 7.604238] usb 2-3: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
> > SerialNumber=3
> > [ 7.604240] usb 2-3: Product: Cinterion PID 0x00B3 USB Mobile Broadband
> > [ 7.604243] usb 2-3: Manufacturer: Cinterion
> > [ 7.604244] usb 2-3: SerialNumber: ed425f8
> > [ 7.628196] usb 2-3: Enable of device-initiated U1 failed.
> > [ 7.695529] usb 2-3: Enable of device-initiated U2 failed.
> > [ 9.466620] cdc_mbim 2-3:1.0: setting rx_max = 16384
> > [ 9.467250] cdc_mbim 2-3:1.0: cdc-wdm4: USB WDM device
> > [ 9.467430] cdc_mbim 2-3:1.0 wwan4: register 'cdc_mbim' at
> > usb-0000:00:14.0-3, CDC MBIM, a2:b0:bc:1c:af:8e
> > [ 9.468749] usb 2-3: Enable of device-initiated U1 failed.
> > [ 9.546451] usb 2-3: Enable of device-initiated U2 failed.
> Is there perhaps a different driver I need?
my suggestion would be to use
# modprobe option
# echo 1e2d 00b3 > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id
to have access to the AT (and DIAG) port so that you can crosscheck
the status as reported from mbimcli with AT commands. It might also be
a good idea to check with AT+CGDCONT? that <cid> 1 does not contain
an APN not supported by your network operator (unless you want your
device to fall back to UMTS).
As far as MBIM and 5G is concerned: please have a look at
what would have to be added to libmbim for proper support.
> Apart from this I am trying to create a data connection with mbimcli but am
> getting registration state denied. When I check the signal strength I am
> getting these 99 values, these indicate some kind or error? I have verified
> that the sim works with libqmi/sierra modem. Anything else I can check?
> mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm4 --query-registration-state
> > [/dev/cdc-wdm4] Registration status:
> > Network error: 'unknown'
> > *Register state: 'denied'*
> > Register mode: 'automatic'
> > Available data classes: 'unknown'
> > Current cellular class: 'gsm'
> > Provider ID: '27202'
> > Provider name: 'vodafone IE'
> > Roaming text: 'unknown'
> > Registration flags: 'packet-service-automatic-attach'
> > mbimcli -p -d /dev/cdc-wdm4 --query-signal-state
> > [/dev/cdc-wdm4] Signal state:
> > * RSSI [0-31,99]: '99' Error rate [0-7,99]: '99'*
> > Signal strength interval: '5'
> > RSSI threshold: '2'
> > Error rate threshold: 'unspecified'
> libmbim-devel mailing list
> libmbim-devel at lists.freedesktop.org
More information about the libmbim-devel