Meson and Buildroot

Yegor Yefremov yegorslists at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 22 05:09:48 UTC 2021

Hi Aleksander,

have you already tried to build libmbim via meson in BR?

1. libmbim needs bash_completion now. This means bash must be
installed as well. Does it make sense to make this feature optional?

2. meson_post_install.py has a problem. In my case
"bash_completion_completionsdir" is an absolute path
"/usr/share/bash-completion/completions", hence os.path.join() ignores
prefix according to its definition. If you bump the minimal meson
version to 0.46, you can use install_data command with rename feature.

But I had no problems with gobject-introspection :-)

Best regards,
Yegor