[Liboil] complex types?

David Schleef ds at schleef.org
Wed Nov 23 11:46:32 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 09:36:51AM +0100, Stephane Fillod wrote:
> I guess that is for the same reason liboil doesn't use function return
> value, but return by address.

Yup.

> I have couple more questions about implementation.
> >From the liboil/HACKING file, I see that pure C implementations
> should go in liboil/c subdirectory. There's no such directory.
> Should I create it?

Yes.

> Likewise, in which directory should we put 3DNow!
> and MMX intrinsic-based implementations ?

liboil/3dnow and liboil/mmx

> When creating a new API entry like sincos_interleaved_f64, I noticed
> I had to add a line "OIL_DECLARE_CLASS(sincos_interleaved_f64);"
> in liboil/simdpack/simdpack.h to make it to compile. I'm sure
> there's a much proper place where to declare the class. What would
> you recommend?

liboilclasses.h, which is automatically created by 'make update'
in the liboil directory.

> Is it okay to assume all the math calls in liboil are doing modulo
> arithmetics when the integers overflow? What should be the modifier
> name for saturation?

Yes, the default for integer operations is modulo arithmetic.  I'd
recommend a modifier of _sat for saturated arithmetic, but there
isn't anything using that yet.

dave...

--
David Schleef