[Liboil] [announce] oil-0.1.0

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 06:09:30 PDT 2009

2009/8/25 Conrad Parker <conrad at metadecks.org>

> 2009/8/25 cee1 <fykcee1 at gmail.com>:
> > oil is focused on "be lightweigh in use of oil-based applications" and
> "be
> > extensible in development(test) stage of oil-based applications". To
> achieve
> > these, liboil is split into three modules, and glib dependence is
> introduced
> > in one of these three modules -- oiltest.
> > Module oiltest is a test framework, which is typically used to write test
> > tools in development stage. It should be more considered to be something
> in
> > the toolchain.
> > These are big difference with liboil, so doing a fork will be necessary.
>
> Do you intend for oil to be a drop-in replacement for liboil where it
> is used in other free software projects? Are you intending to do that
> kind of maintenance and integration work (ie. helping other projects
> with the migration to modified libraries)?

The equivalent of liboil's stable API in oil is the submodule oilfuncs.
Functions in oilfuncs will have the same names as their equivalent in liboil
except for initialize functions.
Currently I've filled oilfuncs with a "oil_copy8x8_u8" (see
http://dev.lemote.com/files/document/oildocs/oilfuncs/index.html)

oil is still in early stage development, I will try to integrate it with
some applications to see whether it works fine.