[Liboil] Orc-0.4.0

David Schleef ds at entropywave.com
Mon Jun 1 14:17:18 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 05:08:20PM -0400, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> Excellent!  Will Orc be embed-able in larger projects?

Not sure what that means to you.

> I admit to not having looked at Orc's details yet, but if it's small
> enough, we might consider embedding it in Open MPI (we're always looking
> for faster/mo' betta' assembly).

It's pretty small.  As mentioned in the README, an "embedded build"
binary for SSE is under 100 kB.  The embedded build is not technically
a feature at this time, but it's not too difficult to mod the Makefiles
to produce the result.

Of course, you could just use Orc to produce assembly source code for
architectures you might not be able to support by manually writing
code.

dave...