[patch] support 14bit NEF

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Thu Jul 17 20:03:29 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 11:25 +0100, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
> > Either or. The general rule is that the unit test should be accurate. So
> > if the function have some requirement, then the unit test should be
> > adjusted. In that case that mean the unit test has to be changed.
>
> OK. The attached patch updates the test. It also simplifies the code a
> bit more. Couldn't find any mrw file the is packed...

Ah now I remember. I actually reviewed it in the airport in Montreal,
you know, one of those were Internet access cost arms and legs, and then
somewhat[1] forgot about it.

I get this error running the test.

running test NEF-test D100 on
file /home/hub/samples/nef/D100/dsc_0007.nef
testsuite: ../../lib/unpack.cpp:63: size_t
OpenRaw::Internals::Unpack::unpack_be12to16(uint8_t*, size_t, const
uint8_t*, size_t): Assertion `(outsize % 12) == 0' failed.
/bin/sh: line 4: 11567 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${dir}$tst
FAIL: testsuite
===================
1 of 2 tests failed

Removing the assert does "address" the problem. Again I'd rather not
have asserts here.

You can get the sample file from there:
http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/samples/nef/D100/dsc_0007.nef

Cheers,

Hub

[1] I actually started working on the missing bit to allow running the
test suite anywhere.