[patch] support 14bit NEF

Rafael Espíndola rafael.espindola at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 09:17:07 PDT 2008

> Ah now I remember. I actually reviewed it in the airport in Montreal,
> you know, one of those were Internet access cost arms and legs, and then
> somewhat[1] forgot about it.
>
> I get this error running the test.

> Removing the assert does "address" the problem. Again I'd rather not
> have asserts here.

That assert was in line with the idea of testing for bugs and not
invalid file format. In particular, it found a bug on my
implementation: I was skipping one byte in every 10 instead of one
byte in every 10 columns.

With the attached patch I was able to decode the D100 file. I also
changed the function signature a bit since the outsize was not being
used.

> You can get the sample file from there:
> http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/samples/nef/D100/dsc_0007.nef
>
> Cheers,
>
> Hub

Cheers,
Rafael

> [1] I actually started working on the missing bit to allow running the
> test suite anywhere.

I was able to use it  by creating a /home/hub :-)