Want to help

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Thu May 29 13:01:40 PDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-29 at 20:53 +0100, Rafael Espíndola wrote:
> I was very happy to find out about libopenraw and would like to help.
> What are you working right now? I have both a Nikon D40 and a Canon
> 40D. If nothing else shows up I was considering just working on adding
> some tests...

Since you are a Nikon shooter, implementing the decompression for Nikon
camera is what comes to mind, so that we can bring NEF support up to
speed with the rest of the formats (uncompressed NEF is supported).

One of the starting point to read is here:
http://libopenraw.freedesktop.org/wiki/Nikon_NEF

The second part is actually implementing Huffman decompression.

Feel free to ask here if you have more questions.

Hub