qmi-network

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Aug 23 01:53:08 PDT 2012

Aleksander Morgado <aleksander at lanedo.com> writes:

>>> Yes, it does.  That was my thought as well.  The connection is obviously
>>> successful, but the default APN could be wrong.
>> May be the script should set it too, like qmi-ifupdown does.
>>

>>> Maybe an IPv6 only APN?
>>
>> Step by step. At first I try the usual things - IPv4. And then I go
>> further.
>> Without such basic rules I am confusing me and the people I ask for help.
>>

> APN is really needed, I would say. In my local tests, a plain Start
> Network without APN won't work.

This depends on the defaults saved in the modem, and maybe also the
network provider (which may choose to support a NULL APN). The modems
I've seen typically support 16 profiles (configurable using either QMI
or AT) and use profile #16 as the default profile for QMI connections.
But the default is configurable using QMI, so it may be different...

Anyway, Thomas could try entering

  at+cgdcont=16,"IP","your APN"

in a terminal and then run qmi-network again.  Or just configure every
profile slot with the same info if that didn't work.