call-failed using Huawei E398

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Thu Aug 23 07:03:33 PDT 2012

Am 23.08.2012 15:19, schrieb Kai Scharwies:
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to establish an UMTS connection using latest version
> libqni and a E398 USB stick.
> Kernel (3.5.2) detects the cdc interface correctly after calling usb_modeswitch.

Have you the Huawei E398 (Speedstick LTE(Deutsche Telekom)) or K5005
with strong vodafone-branding of the Huawei E398?
Because you are talking about a vodafone APN.

Both should work. But for my better understanding, an retesting I like
the right name of the device.

> My steps so far:
>
> ..
>
> Did I miss a step or is this Huawei modem not yet supported?

No,  you could even try qmi-ifupdown to find somethere in mailing-archives.

In the evening, I will test both, the white(Telekom) and the
red/white(vodafone) Huawei E398, with an Telekom-APN.

Regards,

Thomas