Getting the network interface working on ZTE K3570 etc

Andrew Bird (Sphere Systems) ajb at spheresystems.co.uk
Sun Mar 25 10:13:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,
	I'm new to this list but I recently sent some patches to the kernel devs
following on from the qmi-wwan work that was recently done. I'm looking to get
to the point where ZTE based mobile broadband sticks(and others) can be
connected using the network interface rather than using pppd. Is that a goal
shared by the libqmi people too? Ideally for me the library would be usable
from both Modem Manager and perhaps Wader eventually via python bindings.
I've been looking at the repo at git://anongit.freedesktop.org/libqmi.git and
wondered if that was the best place to try out the bleeding edge stuff? I've
played with the sample qmitest.c program and managed to get sensible data for
signal strength etc, but no MEID since my devices are all UMTS. I see several
directories in the repo that appear to have reference material, but only
really the qmitest.c that looks like it's home grown. Am I seeing the very
early start of libqmi, or is there somewhere else I should look?

Is there an IRC channel for this somewhere too?

Thanks,

Andrew