Huawei E3276 problem

Olof Ermis olof.ermis at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 00:55:50 PST 2012

Hi!

Okay, back to trying now. Attached is the syslog when I connect the
dongle. I have added the

echo "12d1 1506" > /sys/bus/usb-serial/drivers/option1/new_id

lsmod shows:

option                 29746  0
usb_wwan               14830  1 option
usbserial              27212  2 option,usb_wwan

I have not yet applied to cdc_ncm patch. What is the minium kernel
version for the patch and get this to work? Right now I run on
3.7.0-rc4, but 3.6 (or even 3.2.x) would be nice due to my Raspbian
dist need.

I can only connect / send-commands to /dev/ttyUSB0. /dev/ttyUSB1 is
completely dead.

On /dev/ttyUSB0 (using cat /dev/ttyUSB0) I get these status reports
continuously, maybe this is the PCUI connection strength status:

^RSSI:29

^RSSI:29

^RSSI:29

I can send

echo -e ATI > /dev/ttyUSB0 and then I get

Manufacturer: huawei
Model: E3276
Revision: 21.192.03.01.07
IMEI: 863781010146687
+GCAP: +CGSM,+DS,+ES

When i send

 echo -e AT^NDISDUP=1,1,"telia.online.se" > /dev/ttyUSB0

I have got various responses, (ERROR, +CME ERROR: 50) but sometimes
(?) I get an echo back

AT^NDISDUP=1,1,telia.online.se

Led is flashing blue (I have removed PIN-verification).

So:

- Is the AT-command working as it should and the only thing that
remains now is the cdc_ncm-patch (see question on version)?
- Is /dev/ttyUSB0 then right port you think?
- What device will be exposed when this work? As a device and/or
network interface (I only have eth0 and lo right now and no
/dev/cdc-something)? Any additional configuration needed to get that
to work?

Cheers (and thanks for the help)
Olof