Huawei E173 12d1:1446 alias 12d1:1436 alias 12d1:140c

Aleksander Morgado aleksander at lanedo.com
Mon Nov 26 13:22:48 PST 2012

On 26/11/12 22:04, Thomas Schäfer wrote:
>>> A test with modemmanager was not successful, because it crashed with
>> >
>> > Could you please anyway file a bug for ModemManager with a stacktrace?
>> >
>> > https://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=NetworkManager&component=M
>> > odemManager
> Sorry for posting here instead to the bugzilla. At the moment I don't know how
> to make a stacktrace.

No problem.

> The error occurs with ModemManger - gitversion  from 13Nov2012, with branch
> qmi-support,
> libqmi, is the release version 1.0, from 13Nov2012 .

Oh, please switch ModemManager to git master. The 'qmi-support' branch
was merged to git master looong ago.

> I started the modemmanager manually with --debug.
>
> If you need more/other things please send me detailed instructions.

I see what's happening; but just to make sure, can you run it with the
latest code from git master, and get me the debug logs? I'll try to
debug the issue from there.

You can also get a backtrace if you run it under gdb, like:

$> gdb --args /usr/sbin/ModemManager --debug

And once it crashes, run "bt"