Huawei E3276 problem

Fred Lefévère-Laoide fred at lefevere-laoide.net
Thu Feb 14 06:47:23 PST 2013

Thanks for the quick reply ;-)

Le 14/02/2013 14:23, Bjørn Mork a écrit :
> Fred Lefévère-Laoide <fred at lefevere-laoide.net> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to use my Huawei E5830 with my rPi via usb/net
>> the product id is 1446 and when it switches (via usb_modeswitch) the
>> product id is 142d (sometimes 1401)
> Could you send the output of
>
>   lsusb -v
here it is before switching (disabled in usb_modeswitch.conf)

Bus 001 Device 018: ID 12d1:1446 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
E1552/E1800/E173 (HSPA modem)
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x12d1 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
   idProduct          0x1446 E1552/E1800/E173 (HSPA modem)
   bcdDevice            1.00
   iManufacturer           3
   iProduct                2
   iSerial                 1
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           32
     bNumInterfaces          1
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              500mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
       bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
       bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk-Only
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0

here it is when switched

Bus 001 Device 017: ID 12d1:142d Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Device Descriptor:
   bLength                18
   bDescriptorType         1
   bcdUSB               2.00
   bDeviceSubClass         0
   bDeviceProtocol         0
   bMaxPacketSize0        64
   idVendor           0x12d1 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
   idProduct          0x142d
   bcdDevice            1.00
   iManufacturer           3
   iProduct                2
   iSerial                 1
   bNumConfigurations      1
   Configuration Descriptor:
     bLength                 9
     bDescriptorType         2
     wTotalLength           55
     bNumInterfaces          2
     bConfigurationValue     1
     iConfiguration          0
     bmAttributes         0x80
       (Bus Powered)
     MaxPower              500mA
     Interface Descriptor:
       bLength                 9
       bDescriptorType         4
       bInterfaceNumber        0
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
       bInterfaceSubClass    255 Vendor Specific Subclass
       bInterfaceProtocol    255 Vendor Specific Protocol
[...]
       bInterfaceNumber        1
       bAlternateSetting       0
       bNumEndpoints           2
       bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
       bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
       bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk-Only
       iInterface              0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0
       Endpoint Descriptor:
         bLength                 7
         bDescriptorType         5
         bEndpointAddress     0x02  EP 2 OUT
         bmAttributes            2
           Transfer Type            Bulk
           Synch Type               None
           Usage Type               Data
         wMaxPacketSize     0x0200  1x 512 bytes
         bInterval               0

> for each of these modes?
>
>> lsmod tells me that option and usbwwan are loaded
>> ttyUSB0 is created but I didn't manage to talk to it (tried minicom
>> and cat/echo)
>>
>> Could you share your cdc_ncm driver for the rPi ?
> The cdc_ncm changes are in Linux v3.8.
Raspberry is still in 3.6 ...

Thanks
> Bjørn