Reg AT commands to configure HUAWEI E392 dongle

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Feb 27 03:53:15 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 11:25 +0000, swarnalatha.subramaniya at wipro.com
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use E392 dongle in an residential gateway.
>
> I am trying to configure the dongle with following AT commands,
>
> at^ndisdup=1,1,"myapn"
> OK
> at^dhcp?
> ^DHCP:7796124d,f0ffffff,7196124d,7196124d,470d5c1,c60f4382,236800,236800
>
> Converting the address to dotted quads to make them more readable:
> 77.18.150.119,255.255.255.240,77.18.150.113,77.18.150.113,193.213.112.4,130.67.15.198
>
> ifconfig wwan0 77.18.146.77 netmask 255.255.255.252
> ip route add default via 77.18.146.78
> But i am not able to connect to the network with AT commands.
>
> Please let me know if i am missing any AT commands ????????

No, that looks correct.  Also make sure that your WWAN interface is set
to "NOARP" with "ifconfig wwan0 -arp" or something like that.  Also,
instead of doing AT^DHCP? try simply running a DHCP client on the
interface after AT^ndisdup returns OK.  We've seen some devices that
don't seem to work correctly with static IP from ^DHCP but do work when
you run dhclient on the interface.

Dan