qmicli: NAS set technology preference at alcatel

Thomas Schäfer tschaefer at t-online.de
Sun Jan 27 13:43:09 PST 2013

there was an confusing typo (3G UMTS)

Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013, 20:41:24 schrieb Aleksander Morgado:
> > The log has these AT commands, but I don't think there is anything
> > interesting here either, unless the AT+SYSSEL command does something
> > useful?

It seems to be useful. I entered these commands to minicom

> [...]
>
> > AT+SYSSEL?
> > AT+SYSSEL=,0,0
> > AT+SYSSEL=,1,0
> > AT+SYSSEL=,2,0
> > AT+SYSSEL=,5,0
>
> SYSSEL is actually the way to select allowed/preferred modes in the
> Alcatels (0:auto, 1:2G, 2:3G, ...), at least the X22X plugin in
> ModemManager uses it.

I can confirm:

AT+SYSSEL=,1,0 -----> the LED indicates 2G/GSM
AT+SYSSEL=,2,0 -----> the LED indicates 3G/UMTS

AT+SYSSEL=,0,0
and
AT+SYSSEL=,5,0
               -----> LED indicates LTE (my experience)
                              indicates net search (docu at manual), but the
connection afterwards is also LTE

If zero is autoselect, then it should be normal for selecting LTE too.

> So it seems the Windows driver does actually use AT commands instead of QMI.

It seems so.

Thanks for help and comments!

Thomas