Getting frequency band in use

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Tue Apr 29 02:55:58 PDT 2014

Marius Kotsbak <marius at kotsbak.com> writes:

> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to use QMI to get the current frequency band in use, either
> using the current libqmi or some yet unimplemented API? Or possibly using
> MBIM?

eQMI_NAS_GET_CELL_LOC_INFO would be extremely useful because it gets you
the other currently available bands, and not only the band in use.

Hmm, the last time I looked I could not find any public docs for it.
But googling now, I got
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromiumos/third_party/libqmi/+/master/gobi-api/GobiAPI_2012-09-12-0719/GobiConnectionMgmt/GobiConnectionMgmtAPIStructs.h#8996
which of course is nothing more than the CodeAurora gobi api code we
have in libqmi.  Wonder why I missed that before?

Yes, that one is high on my wishlist too!  It also includes the physical
cell ID, which can be useful.

> It would be interesting to see when the newly opened 800 MHz band for LTE
> is in use.

Ah, that I can confirm.  But you're probably wondering about that other
network :-)