Netgear 340u

Noah Taber noahtaber at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 01:10:47 PDT 2014

I'm still trying to figure out usbmon.  I can't get it to spit out readable
information.

I did have a minor break through though.  I used a pepwave router to remove
the linux patch described on the netgear website.  To my understanding,
this takes the 340u out of direct ip mode.  The qmi-network command now
works correctly.  It even issues a Packet data handle.  I am able to start
and stop a data connection using the qmi-network and the display on the
340u changes accordingly.

The problem is, is that I cannot get the device to retrieve an IP using
dhclient.  I'm still dead in the water.

Hints?

Thanks again.

Noah