Issues with Netgear 340U latest firmware

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Thu Aug 14 01:30:21 PDT 2014

Dan Williams <dcbw at redhat.com> writes:

> a) newer devices, especially Sierra ones, sometimes implement multiple
> QMI/Ethernet interfaces, but only some of those actually work for data.
> That could be what you're hitting here.  We'd need the VID/PID to figure
> this out though.

I wonder if this is caused by the device being configured to use this
connection internally? AFAIK there is a "router mode" in the Qualcomm
firmware which makes the firmware manage the connection instead of
leaving it to the host.  Don't know much more than that, but something
like that would most certainly interfere with our use.